Personal Development Programme
Professional Development is a bespoke curriculum to Bourne End Academy.
We have designed a robust curriculum to support the whole school vision of developing future leaders. Under this umbrella we look at developing our students into good citizens of our society who engage in:
- British Values
- High Moral Standards
- Careers Education, Information, Advice, Guidance (CEIAG)
- Our bespoke relationship and sexual education curriculum
Each term there is a different set of careers that will be explored during tutor time and the weekly assembly. .
We have had some brilliant virtual guest speakers during the autumn term, sharing with our students what resilience and optimism means to them. We were blown away when Max Whitlock MBE, Five-time Olympic Medallist in gymnastics, shared a wonderful motivational message with BEA students.
We are continually looking for local and national employers to work with us and our students.
If you are willing to volunteer your time to support us with our own bespoke careers activities or to deliver your own sessions to our students, feel free to get in touch.
The majority of volunteers will offer activities similar to the following list, however, we are welcome to suggestions and pilot programmes:
- Deliver small group workshops on careers and or skill development
- Present in assemblies and answer questions posed by students
- Mock interviews for universities and part-time employment
- We have a coaching programme for our year 11 students and you can mentor a student throughout year 11
- Exhibit at our careers fair
- Collaborate with a subject area to help promote subject specific careers