Supporting our SEND students
Making it possible for everybody, regardless of difference in body or mind, to be part of our school community, find their own personal place in society and achieve their potential.
The academy welcomes all students, including those with a disability and/or special educational needs.
As an inclusive academy we aim:
- To ensure the early identification of all students requiring additional provision
- To create an environment that meets the individual needs of all learners
- To ensure that all students have equal access to a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum
- To ensure that all students take as full a part as possible in all academy activities and fulfil their potential
- To encourage students to develop confidence and self-esteem and to recognise the value of their own contribution to their learning
- To ensure that parents of students with additional or different needs are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment and are engaged in effective communication
- To ensure that students are fully involved in their learning and in decisions affecting their provision
Invite to current (2021) Year 5 families
We are very excited to announce that as a result of the latest lockdown restrictions lift, we are now able to invite parents of current Year 5 students who have an EHCP for a tour of Bourne End Academy.
We urge families of children with an EHCP to start looking for a suitable placement for September 2022 now as applications for placements will open in the Autumn Term. It is vital that the right setting for your child is chosen at the earliest opportunity, particularly if you are considering whether that would be in our ASD ARP or a specialist setting, as places are limited and get filled very quickly.
If you are considering Bourne End Academy as an option for your child, please get in touch via the ‘Contact Us’ button to request a tour and meet with our SENCo, who will be able to answer any questions you may have and would be delighted in supporting you in making the right decision for your child.