How To Apply for a Place
Consultation on proposed admission arrangements for 2021/2022
Bourne End Academy are consulting on the Academy’s admissions arrangements for 2021 – 2022.
Following the statutory duty as published in the Admissions code, the Academy are consulting on expanding the catchment area.
The consultation on the change to the policy is taking place between 6 December 2019 and 31 January 2020.
For more information, please view our consultation letter Consultation Information on expanding the catchment area at Bourne End Academy
Sixth Form Curriculum
We are proud to offer our students the opportunity to study a variety of subjects, and yet be able to maintain small teaching classes and a familiarity of teaching styles, that makes out Year 11 students want to stay on and study in the Sixth Form, and an environment that is inviting to our external applicants.
The students can choose from an extensive range of A Level courses, and the school now offers a wide range of BTEC courses, which allow students who do not meet the A Level entry criteria, to achieve success in their chosen vocational subject areas. In addition, we cater for students of all abilities by offering a curriculum which is tailored to provide a mixture of A Level and BTEC courses.
Chemistry Criminology English Fine Art
Geography Graphic Design History Mathematics
Philosophy & Ethics Psychology Sociology Spanish
Level 3 BTECs
Applied Science Business Construction
Health & Social Care Music Performing Arts Sports
*Please note courses run subject to take up and/or availability and we reserve the right to change these.
Apply for a place in sixth form
It is our belief that for students to achieve their full potential in sixth form they must be on the most appropriate, accessible and right course. GCSE results will determine what students can study and advice and guidance will be provided throughout the year and finalised on enrolment.
Please complete the form below with your desired choice of study in Sixth Form. Mr Warren – Head of Sixth form will be in contact with you shortly.
• There are 50 places available for year 12 each September
• Students from Bourne End Academy have opportunities during the course of the year to ensure that they meet the entry grade requirements. Students from Burnham Park E-ACT Academy are all invited to events and links with Bourne End Academy.
• Entry is open to all students who live in the local areas close to the school.
• Information regarding our sixth form can be found in our prospectus. You’ll also find the application forms below (one for existing Bourne End Academy students, and another form for those not presently attending Bourne End Academy).
Please read the admissions policy below for the process and complete the relevant form.
Students will be invited in for a meeting to discuss options.
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Reception on 01628 819 022 or contact Mr Michael Warren, Head of Sixth Form via the academy office BEAoffice@E-ACT.org.uk.
Post 16 Admissions Policy
Entry to Year 12 is on the basis of academic ability demonstrated by achievement at GCSE or equivalent. All applicants are required to complete an application form and make their subject choices.
Places in Post 16 are offered on the basis of the following criteria:
– A minimum of five subjects graded 4 or above
– The criteria of the individual subjects (as outlined in the Sixth Form Prospectus) to be studies to have been met
– The availability of places
Conditional places will be offered based on predicted GCSE grades. Places will be confirmed following the publication of GSCE results and applicants will be asked to confirm their acceptance of their places on the publicised enrolment day. Students who do not meet the entry requirements will be offered an interview to discuss a potential level 2 pathway or alternatives to their original choices.
Year 12 Oversubscription Criteria
The following oversubscription criteria will be used for external applicants where there are more applicants than places available:
– Looked after or previously looked after child (in public care)
– Where the student has a brother or sister currently attending the school
– In order to be able to take a particular subject at A Level, the criteria in the Sixth Form Prospectus at GCSE in that subject is expected. Where the subject to be studied has not been taken at GCSE, an equivalent subject may be used at the discretion of the Academy
– Where there are exceptional personal circumstances, the Headteacher reserves the right to award a place in Post 16. This applies where it can be shown that these circumstances experienced in Year 11 have impacted detrimentally on a student’s examination performance and that they have the academic potential to study Post 16
Applicants refused a place in Year 12 are entitled to appeal to an independent appeal panel. For appeals please contact the school Reception and we will direct to the appropriate area within our E-ACT Trust.
Admissions Policy 2021 – 2022 – consultation
Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
Admissions Policy 2019 – 2020
Sixth Form Existing Student Application Form
Sixth Form New Student Application Form
Sixth Form Prospectus
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Reception on 0128 819022 or contact Mr Michael Warren, Head of Sixth Form via email, michael.warren@E-ACT.org.uk.