The uniform has been designed to be neat, hardwearing and as economical as possible. All uniform items must be clearly marked with your name.
YEAR 7-11 SCHOOL UNIFORM
Regulation items of uniform must be purchased from the school uniform supplier.
- White short or long-sleeved shirt .
- Regulation, v neck burgundy jumper (other jumpers and cardigans may not be worn).
- Black pleated skirt that is of a length that at least reaches the knee or smart tailored black trousers.
- Smart black blazer with Bourne End Academy school badge .
- Regulation Bourne End Academy burgundy and silver tie .
- Plain black socks or black/flesh coloured tights .
- Black leather (or leather type), flat and low-heeled (max 5cm) shoes suitable for wearing during the day and to and from school.
- Plain coat (denim, leather and suede jackets are not permitted).
- Plain black scarf and/or hat and/or gloves.
SIXTH FORM DRESS CODE
- Students are expected to dress smartly to reflect the level of professionalism expected in the Sixth Form.
- Professional, business-like attire, reflecting a position of responsibility in the community and the stage they are at towards professional employment.
- Dress to set a positive example to others in the school community.
- Promote the professional ethos of BEA to the wider community .
- Appropriate for the learning environment.
EXPECTED STANDARD OF BUSINESS-LIKE ATTIRE
- Smart shirt, blouse or top (tie or suit jacket optional).
- Smart trousers or knee length skirt .
- Smart shoes .
- Smart coat or jacket (these are not to be worn in the classroom or other designated study spaces).
- Smart plain backpack or shoulder bag with no logos or striking patterns.
- Students will be sent home to change on arrival if not meeting the expectations for the Sixth Form.
If students are not wearing appropriate uniform they will be asked to wear uniform provided by the school or home will be contacted to bring in the correct uniform. If students do not comply with the uniform policy, they will complete work in isolation.